This page sets out the details of the Healing Justice London privacy notice in relation to information collected about you.
The Healing Justice London (“we”) promises to respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Developing a better understanding of our supporters through their personal data allows us to make better decisions, fundraise more efficiently and, ultimately, helps us to reach our mission. We have created this policy to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to make it more understandable to supporters.
Who We Are
Healing Justice London
Raven Row Gallery,
56 Artillery Lane,
We are a registered company in England and Wales. Company number: 11811179
What Information Do We Collect About You?
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer as part of ticket bookings, donation forms, e-newsletter sign-ups, programme proposals and submissions, applications and surveys
Personal Information We Collect May Include:
- your name, pronoun, gender and date of birth
- postal address, email address and phone number
- family and spouse/partner details
- relationships to other donors and/or supporters
- current interests and activities
- educational and professional background
- information about access needs
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as an event/session attendee or supporter of the Healing Justice London, and may consist of details of:
- ticket purchase and/or event registration / attendance
- contact preferences
- gift information, including Direct Debit bank details where applicable
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- donor status and wealth assessment information
- employment information and professional activities
- where relevant, selected media coverage
- any other information provided by yourself at the request of the Healing Justice London
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
What We Do With Your Information
Depending on your relationship with the Healing Justice London, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes
Send you promotional, marketing or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- Informing you of other activities, services or events related to the Healing Justice London, such as workshops, talks, sessions, exhibitions, talks, research projects etc.
- News and updates about the Healing Justice London via our supporter e-newsletter and email campaigns.
- Information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to the Healing Justice London, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
- Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with the Healing Justice London.
- Data screening and cleansing, to check if we have accurate contact details for you – see How we update, screen and analyse your information for further information.
- To send you surveys, and for market research purposes.
- Tools may be used to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, including email tracking, which records when an e-newsletter from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is generally used in an aggregated and anonymised form.
You can opt out of any / all of our communications at any point simply by contacting email@example.com.
There are some donation communications that we are required to send regardless of your contact preferences.
These are essential communications, deemed necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
This would include Direct Debit or Standing Order confirmations and advanced notices, donation reminders and querying returned mail or bounced Direct Debit payments with you.
How We Update, Screen and Analyse Your Information
We continuously review records of supporters to ensure your data is as accurate as possible. We may consult alternative sources in order undertake these checks, such as:
- Reviewing employment information that you have made publicly available via social media
- Newspaper articles, publications and company websites
- Companies House and other company information databases
- Charity Commission and Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) registers
- Any other publicly available source
Where we appoint an external party to undertake a screening of information, any such arrangements will be subject to a formal agreement between the Healing Justice London and that organisation, to protect the security of your data.
We may segment the information we hold about you in our database based on a proprietary score. These scores are calculated using personal data, as well as how engaged with us you have previously been, and indicators of future engagement. Analysis of this helps us understand our supporters, donors and potential donors to ensure we are efficient and that only relevant communications are sent to you.
You can opt-out of your data being utilised for wealth screening, data cleaning or analysis (with the aims of targeting communications with you appropriately, or finding up to date contact information in the case of gone away mail) simply by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Might Share Your Information With
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations, other than data processors carrying out work on our behalf.
Examples of such data processors would be bulk email distribution services, fundraising agencies working on our behalf, partner organisations collaborating with us on our public programme, or wealth screening and data cleaning organisations.
Any such companies are acting as approved data processors for the Healing Justice London, and we retain full responsibility for your personal data. Data processors will act only on our instructions.
We may occasionally need to transfer your personal information overseas, for instance to our bulk email distributor, MailChimp. Where this is necessary, this may be to countries or territories around the world.
We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your data will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We have implemented security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification.
- All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ and supporters’ personal data.
How Can I Access the Information About Me, and Correct Information?
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data – this is called a Subject Access Request
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to provide adequate proof of identity such as a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence before your request can be processed. There may also be a fee of up to £10 depending on the volume of work required.
Please try to be as clear as possible about the information you are seeking.
Once we have received your Subject Access Request, the agreed fee and proof of identity, you will receive a response from us within 40 days and you will be able to get copies of any information we hold on you. However, exemptions to disclosure may apply in some circumstances.
Subject Access Requests should be sent to:
Healing Justice London
Raven Row Gallery,
56 Artillery Lane,
At any time you may request that we delete or correct your personal information. If you wish to correct any information on you held by the Healing Justice London, simply contact email@example.com.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. By using our website you agree that we can place cookies on your device. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We regularly review our privacy notice, and may make changes time to time. Any changes made will be posted to this page, and will apply from the time we post them. This privacy notice was last changed on 27th May 2020
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments on our privacy notice, or information we hold about you please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Healing Justice London Raven Row Gallery, 56 Artillery Lane, E1 7LS