About the event
MOVED TO HYBRID FROM 31 JAN 2024
Wednesdays, 7 – 8pm
HJL Dream Space, Resource for London, 352 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA
& Online via Zoom
Our Breath Circle is a gathering space for grounding. We hold this regular space for light stretching, breathing and meditative practice. It’s a space that scaffolds and staggers levels of participation, so that you can opt in to what supports you and your body to feel safer.
If you require additional access measures to enable your participation please email email@example.com. Inline with our commitment to disability justice, we will try to accommodate as much as possible.
Essential guidelines and HJL community principles:
- Sit or lie down comfortable in clothing that is loose and warm, as body temp drops. If you are someone who practices Wadhu or spiritual cleansing, please do so before coming to practice.
- Please let the facilitator (Farzana) know privately if there’s anything you want to disclose re: access or support
- Physical: regarding your own mobility & physical limits, honour your range. Do what is available to you, go to your personal edge. All movements are gentle. You can use the intention of each practice to guide what feels right for you.
- Emotional: If you’re in a space of agitation, distressed, hypervigilance, this is completely legitimate and real. Please participate in the ways that help you feel safe which can include just listening, opting in or out for part or all of the session, pacing and slowing down to your capacity.
- Breathwork and Bodywork can sometimes surface feelings or make us more aware. You may decide this type of grounding today is not appropriate for your current state or your stress response, please listen to what you need and pay attention to what makes your body feel safe. We honour practice over perfection.
- Please eat about 1hr/1hr 30mins before practice.
- Hydrate afterwards, gently resume your evening.
- This space is a space that holds, sees and safeguards people of colour, working class people, QTIPOC, non-binary & two spirited people, people of many faiths. It is a priority space for those marginalised. If you are white or sit in a privileged identity/ties, please know that the healing work we do together will always work with how each one of us must unlearn oppression and work towards internalised liberation showing itself out. That we do the work of healing and justice together.
- We deepen practice, not seek perfection. Come as you are.
- Next Steps: We have many offerings ongoing at HJL as continued support, email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter to see information about all our sessions and programmes.
This is a free space and we would like it to be so, if you feel called to balance energies of giving and receiving you can donate to us here.