- This event has passed.
Movement Medicine: #BeyondtheRules Radical Governance
About the event
Radical Governance for public and social good and reimagining employment contract(ing), with Dark Matter Labs.
- Thursday 27th October, 2-4PM BST
- Thursday 1st December, 2-4PM GMT
- Thursday 8th December, 2-4PM GMT
Important: Please only register if you plan to attend/are available for all dates listed.
Tactic sharing and peer hack with Dark Matter Labs: these workshops will explore how can we reimagine and rewire employment contracts within current legal structures, towards relational, agile, inclusive, healing, open ways of organising.
- Employment contracts as a site of reimagination: Why they matter, their role, minimum legal requirements, how they can play a role to chart alternative futures, open-source templates & doing this in solidarity.
- Contracting as relationship-building: The process of contracting and how we can reimagine formats, designs, approaches to nurture alternative forms of relationships (and what the legal parameters are to that).
- Beautiful terms: How we can reimagine the variety of different terms within a contract, including examples, options and legal considerations.
These sessions will be online with closed captioning available. If there are any access needs you’d like us to consider, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Dark Matter Labs
Dark Matter Labs is focused on the great transitions our societies need to respond to the technological revolution and climate breakdown we face. Their aim is to discover, design and develop the institutional ‘dark matter’ that supports a more democratic, distributed and sustainable future. They are a multidisciplinary design team working with partners, clients, and collaborators across the world to develop new working methods for system change.
About the Facilitators
Annette Dhami: Annette curates the #BeyondtheRules programme and her work sits at the intersection between systemic and organisational organising and governance. She hold the Organisational Development and Operations at Dark Matter Labs; through #BeyondtheRules she focuses on how we can create a movement of connection, information, tools, funding and relationships to transition how we organise and govern for a viable, just future.
Anna Rosero: Anna is People Holder at Dm, curating beautiful hiring, onboarding, development, offboarding and other processes for a thriving relationships. She is also a space curator, researcher and facilitator.
Angela Tang: This work will be supported by Angela Tang, a Legal Designer with LegalEdge and a certified UX and graphic designer. She is passionate about ensuring that usability is at the heart of all legal operations and strongly believes that legal should fit within the existing structure, practices and processes of a business, not the other way around. She’ll be bringing legal triage, legal design and practical insight into this programme.